CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 31, 2011

Show Me The Money.....

In the great state of Alabama, we are out of money for schools and classrooms. No instructional money has darkened my door since....I cannot tell you when. Fortunately, I have an awesome school where the PTA and the parents get involved and we do not lack for much. Not all of my teacher friends are so lucky. Times are tough all over, I know. We have tons of copy paper at Rock Quarry but are now limited in copies. Across town, they have NO copy limits, but they also have NO paper. Insane!

A few years ago I wrote a grant from http://www.donorschoose.org/ for a classroom set of Leapster HandHeld Games and software and had the grant fully funded in a matter of weeks by a complete stranger. It was quick, easy and fun. In fact, I might need to write a few more of these and get some more fun things coming through the doors of #221. Teachers get bored with the same-old, same-old, too!

My husband buys my copy paper and printer cartridges through the company that he owns when I run out.

How do you get the stuff you need for your classroom? Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment