CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 10, 2011

After Christmas Sales

I love after Christmas sales and thankfully, I was able to find a few of my staple items for gifts and projects. I was able to get small white plastic glittery ornaments for snowman heads, large blue ornaments for handprint snowmen ornaments, Jumbo Christmas coloring books for part of the children's Christmas gifts, stockings for "Santa for a Day", boxes of bells for the Polar Express Day, and gift bags....all for 50-75% off! I have a big, clear storage box with locking lid in the garage and I just toss it all inside, lock the lid and I am ready for another season! Now, If I could just find 7 more pair of black, stretchy gloves, I'd be set.

For each child's gift, I usually give them a gift bag with handles and inside I include a coloring book, stretchy gloves (that they can leave at school or take home), a chapter book (since I teach first grade I usually include a Junie B. Jones book) and a box of new crayons (Crayons must be purchased in August and stored indoors, not in the garage! until needed). Total cost for each gift, including the gift bag breaks down as follows:

Gift bag .33
1 pair of Gloves .50
1 box of Crayola Crayons .25
Chapter book FREE (I use bonus points and purchase them when the book I want to give is $1.00 or less)
Jumbo Coloring Book .50
Total = less than $1.75 per child

What do you do for Christmas gifts? Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment